Friday, August 13

progress...

I have a stack of index cards for my book. Each chapter has its own card where I write notes about things that need to be fixed, or references that need to be checked, or graphics hat are still missing. When the actual WRITING of a chapter is done, I snip the lower left corner off the card. Here is the stack as it stands...







Not bad, right?

Today I finished 2 chapters that were lacking decent conclusions, wrote one chapter from scratch, and just flat-out cut an un-started one from the book.

The end is in sight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's impressively anal retentive. Kudos!

dr. dave said...

Perhaps, but somewhat necessary when your book is a collection of mostly-standalone essays that are being written in no particular order. It's easy to forget what you have and haven't written yet.

Anonymous said...

I love that I can check in on your blog after having not read it for several months, and catch up in just a few minutes. Still not running regularly, still not yoga-ing regularly, still working on book, still obsessing about details, still the same. Love you!
p.s. Totally relate to the comment that you can only focus on one thing seriously at any given time. This is a revelation for me.

dr. dave said...

Anon - you forgot "Still only blogging once a month" :P