Friday, November 7

sights of the city...

I was next to this guy in the subway who had hair in his ears. I mean... not just IN his ears, but all over his ears. Thick, black hair.

Perhaps “hair” isn’t even the right word.

I was next to this guy in the subway who had FUR in his ears. I mean... not just IN his ears, but all over his ears.... they were furry. His ear looked like a little adolescent mouse... like maybe it USED to be hairless, but that it was well on it’s way towards becoming completely covered by a thick, luxurious coat of FUR. You could have very well combed it. Seriously. And for all I know maybe he did.

But you don’t comb fur. You brush it, maybe. But this definitely looked combed. It had a part in it. Hmmm...

I was next to this guy in the subway who had a hairSTYLE in his ears. I mean... not just IN his ears, but all over his ears. It was kind of wavy. It had “body.” I think he probably used styling products on it.... gel... mousse... conditioner... who knows?

I thought that was the weirdest thing I saw today until an old Jewish man from Brooklyn walked past me singing “True Blue” by Madonna. What the hell kind of nightmare world am I wandering through??

D.



No comments: