Saturday, October 28

NaNonFicMo...

You have all no doubt heard of NaNoWriMo, and perhaps even the newly minted NaBloPoMo, but if you're like me... none of these endeavors really appeals to you. I already post in my blog almost every day already, and I don't exactly feel like I have a NOVEL in me trying to get out. But it occurred to me last year... why should the budding FICTION authors get all the inspiration?

How about if all of us science and academic types take the "novel" out of NaNo and spend November working on that first textbook or collection of essays or those papers and articles that have been sitting around unwritten inside our heads for a few years. How nice would it be to take 20 - 30 minutes a day to just sit and TYPE, and to have 30,000 - 50,000 words to show for it by December 1st?

Who's with me? Should I start working on a logo?

No comments: