free...
I came in early today to finish my last dozen student evaluations, but they took away our card keys yesterday, so I'm doing it outside on a park bench. Luckily, a front came through last night, so it's kinda nice out (i.e., not oppressivley hot and humid) for the first time in a week or so.
Anyway, I'm DONE... finally. The closing ceremony is in a half hour or so.
I will never do this again.
Ok. I may teach again next summer. But it will be TWO classes, not four... and it will be for ONE 3 week session, not two. The thing is... I think I could have enjoyed it if I had had time to actually think about what I'm doing, and to plan, and prepare, and to make copies, and to give homework, and to set up activities, and to do a good job. Instead, it was all I could do to keep my head above water in the four classes and run around in circles getting robots and rockets set up. As much as I claim to do it in my college classes, I really HATE "phoning it in". And I think I was so stressed out and crabby, that I couldn't really enjoy the kids, either. It's hard to find an experience "rewarding" when you spend all day wanting to strangle someone.
Anyway. There is one month of summer left to "enjoy". This probably means time-consuming household projects and ill-advised family outings to amusement parks. I will do my best to keep in mind that it's an improvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment