HeNoBlogNoMo...
Poor neglected blog. It's not like I haven't been "writing". I write almost non-stop. Just none of it is HERE. I write book proposals and outlines and assignments and new course syllabi... When all you do all day is WRITE shit, it's hard to see the blog as "recreational" anymore.
Anyway, there isn't a whole lot of blog-worthy stuff going on. At least nothing I feel like going into detail about. My dad was in the hospital. My wife informs me that we are financially destitute. We may be pulling the Boy out of his school after Xmas. These are all things I would like to AVOID thinking about.
Classes are running smoothly. I'm a little behind on my grading. Nothing to see here...
I'm driving out to the Hamptons this week to give a lecture at the Old School. I really don't feel like it, but when you have a connection to a place run by an eccentric bazillionaire, you feel obliged to occasionally remind them that you exist. The puny speaking fee I'm being payed will barely cover my gas money, but you never know when someone there will want you to be involved in some crazy "project".
My wife hasn't had a job in weeks. All she does is KNIT all day, despite the fact that we are living in squalor. I mean serious, 11 o'clock news, take the kids, TLC-channel these-people-need-professional-help show SQUALOR. Every day I dread opening the door to see what new pile of crap will impede my entry into the foyer. I'm about to fucking lose it.
Let's see... what else? My play proposal is nearly done. I made the mistake of mentioning it in front of some colleagues at work, and one of the women from our theatre department cornered me in the hallway and basically demanded to co-write it with me. She scares me just a little. But she's a real playwright and will make my proposal look more compelling, so... why not. See, my secret is... I don't care about the actual plays. I just care about the IDEA of the play. I don't care who writes it, as long I get credit for coming up with the idea to have it written in the first place.
I'm doing a lab/activity thing with my relativity class today. It involves balloons and string and globes and protractors and 6-foot hyperboloids made of duct tape. I'll take pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment