Monday, September 8

quick updates from the first week...

Seems I'm not as bloggy with the blogging on the blog this semester... dunno why... general busy-ness plus lots of good TV shows to watch on the laptop, I guess. Things are going well. Not a whole lot to talk about in detail. Perhaps some bullet-points are in order...

* One class is super-full, but my other two are really low enrollment, for me anyway. Especially after I scared away about a third of the students from the Relativity class. (Oops!) Really, though... if they are afraid of the math, I kinda want them out. This is not the place to get over your math-phobia... an upper-level course on Einstein. I have other courses for that.

* My schedule this year is set up in a way such that I feel I have enough time to think. Which feels odd.

* I got a nice new terabyte drive. It's shiny and black and matches the new black MacBook. It also looks not unlike the monolith from 2001. I find myself semi-consciously humming the overture to "Also Spracht Zarathustra" when I look at it sometimes.

* My new office is becoming kind of a perfect "space". Really happy about that.

* Finally met my new office-mate after two weeks. She has a very old-fashioned name, so I had been expecting someone older than me to show up. Turns out she's actually young and gorgeous. Honestly... this is something I do NOT need.

No comments: