Thursday, December 4

blackout...

Somewhere I got this free pair of sunglasses... a sort of wraparound, Terminator, visor-like pair with mirrored lenses. Now regular sunglasses are basically useless to me, since I wear glasses, but there was something about this pair and how closely they fit against my face that gave me an idea, so I've kept them for around a year. I had a plan.

Last night I grabbed a utility knife and a roll of electrical tape and taped off the lenses on the inside. Since the lenses are mirrored on the outside, you can't tell anything is different. But now instead of a pair of sunglasses I have a commuter sleep-mask that I can wear on the train or an airplane and not look like an idiot wearing some satin number from Bed Bath & Beyond. Just a guy wearing somewhat inexplicably retro sunglasses.

I plan to test-nap them this morning. Any guesses as to how long until these things cause me to sleep past my stop?



[Ed. to add: Verdict? AWESOME!]

No comments: