Thursday, January 22

pre-semester work day...

Heading in on the train today. I really had to DRAG myself out of the house. Nothing I have to do today is URGENT, and most of it could be done at home, but... it would make for a hectic Monday if I didn't have some of the photocopying and whatnot all ready to go, so... here I am.

I had to free my car from a fucking GLACIER to get out of the house. It hasn't snowed for weeks, but I haven't driven in about a month, so my car was carrying the crust of about 3 snowstorms. I finally resorted to banging it with my fist to break off giant sheets of 1" thick ice. I love winter.

Not much to say about the past few days. The inauguration was hope-tastic. My wife's birthday was yesterday and we went out for lunch by ourselves, then I made Chinese food for dinner. (Most remarkable part of that - the Boy ATE some of it. MEAT even!!) There was also supermarket-cake. Once the supermarket-cake is gone, I'm going on a fucking fast. I think I've gained back all the weight I lost from before I started running over the summer. The problem is... I can't be left at home all day in a house full of food. If I'm not careful, when I go on sabbatical next spring, I'm going to gain 100 pounds.

Anyways. I don't want to spend too much time on this, because I really DO want to accomplish some things before I get to work. It's going to be an interesting semester. I have a light load, but a new course, so... I can't really figure out how busy I'll feel. I'm going to try to be more disciplined about my schedule, but.. we all know how THAT usually works out.

No comments: