Monday, June 2
"and it was all yellow..."
Haven’t had much time to write… busy weekend. We’re up to our armpits in paint… there’s a whole “Trading Spaces” style renovation going on in our Master Bedroom… furniture all over the fucking house… paint everywhere. YELLOW! It was supposed to be kinda “antique gold” but it is fucking YELLOW. I still think it will look nice when it comes together with the furniture and fabrics and all, but right now when you stand in the hallway you can see this yellow glow emanating from the bedroom… it’s a little scary.
My wife did most of the work. I did touch-ups and patching holes… taping and cleanup, but she did all the “painting”. I fucking hate painting… she actually kinda likes it, so I just watched the kids all weekend. It looks nice… “faux-finish” two tone glaze… it’s pretty crazy. It just occurred to us that we took down all the window treatments, and currently have nothing to replace the blinds or the curtains with. Oops. Guess we’ll be waking up at SUNRISE for a few weeks!! The new bed is coming on Friday… we bought a new ceiling fan today… very “tropical” looking. Where going for a whole Indian-meets-Moroccan-meets-West Indies kinda look. I’ll post pictures eventually.
Not much else is going on. It’s summer, and I’ve no work to do, but I haven’t had a second to relax, since the WIFE is buried in work, and I’m always watching one or more kids. She promised me some time off tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I’ll spend half of that time reading, and the other half posting an entry here.
Maybe…
D.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment