Thursday, August 28

all that jazz...

We rented “Chicago” a few nites ago. It’s taken about three days to get that song out of my head. I’m usually not one for musicals, but Catherine Zeta Jones is worth quite a few points to offset that... and it goes without saying that she is just fucking inhumanly sexy in this film. And I’m always impressed with Renee Zellweger... she can really act. I mean, there are a lot of actresses who just always play the same role and always look like they’re just playing a version of themselves... Julia Roberts... Jennifer Aniston.... But I’ve seen Renee Zellweger on talk shows and stuff and her real personality is... well... she doesn’t really seem to have much of a personality to speak of. So I never really expect much from her, then it turns out she can ACT and I’m always surprised.

Anyway... it wasn’t much of a “movie”, but the musical numbers were pretty spectacularly filmed, so it was fun to watch anyway. Lots of fishnet doesn’t hurt either.

*** *** ***


I sat around in my office today and watched about an hour of “The Two Towers”, then watched the rest on the train on the way home, and the fucking thing locked up my computer like 10 minutes from the ending. FUCK. Then it did it in the same place again, which usually means the disc is scratched or something, but I’ll be damned if I can see any scratches. Hell... I got it on the day it was released... I’m probably the first person to rent this copy! It could just be a defective DVD, I guess. I’ll check it out at home, but if it still doesn’t work, I’m gonna go to Blockbuster and demand a free re-rental. The last 10 minutes! God dammit.

*** *** ***


I got my syllabi finished and printed out today. Woo-hoo! So that means, no fighting over the copier with all the other slacker faculty at 8:55 Tuesday morning. But the best news is that I got the room I requested for BOTH my classes this semester. Wipeboard, not blackboard and an integrated video and computer projection system, which means no more calling the AV department EVERY WEEK to request a fucking LCD projector. So I’m a happy professor.

Well... I’m only a few stops from home. I may not post this until Friday. If so... pretend all the “todays” are “yesterdays”. You’re all smart readers – you’ll figure it out.

D.

No comments: