routine...
I got on the train today, and someone was in my seat.
You heard me... MY seat! You don’t understand the static nature of one of these early morning commuter trains. Same people, every day... they stand at the same place on the platform, get into the same car, sit in the same seats. Or nearly the same seats. Me? I take the forward facing side of the double-facing seats at the end of the last car. And today there was this couple sitting there. People I’ve never seen before. Who do they think THEY are??
So, I need to have a double-facing seat, because it’s really impossible to work on a laptop in the regular seats, so I went upstairs and took the same seats on the second level. And I’m sure I’m screwing up somebody ELSE’S morning by being here. It’s probably sending a ripple effect right down the train.
It’s weird, though... I don’t recognize ANY of these people up here. Except the Blonde From My Stop. She’s up here. Next row behind the seat I’m facing, actually. It’s funny... I can’t tell if I think she’s attractive or not. I’ve never seen her smile. I wonder...
Anyway. The semester is almost over... May 17th is the last day. Two weeks. I didn’t even buy a monthly ticket this month... it’s singles from here on out. Pretty soon, my seat will be up for grabs. It’s funny to think... all these TrainPeople you see every day. Will they notice? Will the Blonde ever think to herself... I wonder whatever happened to that Guy With The Ponytail?
Too late, Blondie. He’s gone for good. You missed your chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment