Wednesday, May 5

wasteful stupidity alert...

I called Apple yesterday. I finally got around to dealing with my missing ”Shift” key. I popped off the key-cap one day to get a hair of a piece of schmutz out from underneath and it broke one of the microscopic plastic pins on the bottom of the cover. So I’ve been typing without a right-side Shift key for about 4 months. I’m kinda used to it, but I wanted to fix it before my warranty expired.

So I called Apple, set up my extended warranty, which I’ve also been meaning to do and told them I needed a replacement Shift key. ”We don’t stock replacement keys. We’ll have to send you a whole keyboard.”

Now... I ask you... what the FUCK? You are going to send me an entire $100 laptop keyboard instead of a 25 cent key cap?? That’s just fucking INSANE.

(PS: They told me I don’t have to send back the old one either, which means that I can sell the old key-caps one at a time on eBay to people whose warranties have expired!)

No comments: