the good, the bad, and the puffy...
I TiVo'd that show "Hit Me Baby One More Time" last night. At least I think that's what it was called. The premise was that they resurrect some has-been artists to perform their big hit song, and then have them cover a current pop song and then... well, I don't know... maybe they pick a winner or something... I never made it past the first segment because it was so HORRIFYINGLY BAD. It was like karaoke, only worse... because you expect the person who actually wrote and performed the song to NOT suck as bad as a karaoke performer. But you'd be wrong. After watching the puffy lead singers from Loverboy and Flock of Seagulls grunt thier way through "Workin' for the Weekend" and "I Ran" respectively... I couldn't bear another minute of it.
Then later I was flipping channels and I came across the Eagles "Farewell Tour #1" on Bravo. I was pleasantly surprised and a little befuddled. It sounded far better than it had any right to. Apparently, musicians with TALENT can manage to NOT SUCK when they get old.
I especially enjoyed the guitar solo to Hotel California... not a single fucking note out of place, man... cuz you know... any improvising on THAT number and people would be demanding their $300 back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment