Thursday, June 2

new mini-careers...

In my neverending quest to beef up the CV without writing any real papers or doing any real work, I've figured out a way to add two new writing projects to the list. One is a secondary weblog where I'm writing little science essays that I can't figure out where to publish. So I just stick them on this other blog and submit them to monthly cool-science-writing-roundups. Eventually I can add a section to my CV that says ONLINE PUBLICATIONS: Collection of essays on science and the history of science featured in Cool Science Writing Online, #29, #30, #31, #33, #40.

Then yesterday, I discovered that a fairly renown software company keeps an online encyclopedia of physics and mathematics, and that the physics encyclopedia is just FULL of blank entries! They accept submissions from outside, and since the entries are fairly short, I could easily get 20 or so submissions written with a minimum of effort. So, yet again... ONLINE PUBLICATIONS: Contributor to physics.stuff.com, a comprehensive encyclopedia of physics and mathematics developed by RenownSoftwareCompany. (40+ entries)

Being lazy and a procrastinator... there is NOTHING that makes me happier than having lots and lots of little tiny projects to bounce back and forth between.

No comments: