productivity checklist...
SYLLABI: Printed for all three classes. Although the admissions office needed to interrupt my print job once, and an Intern restarted the job leaving one of their pages in the machine, so my Modern Physics syllabus inexplicably has instructions for how to register online on the back of the last page.
POSTER: Delivered to printer. I just had a mild panic attack when I opened the .pdf file I burned for them and found it littered with spurious quotation marks between every word. But then I opened it with Acrobat instead of Preview and it seems to be fine. I assume that printers are saavy enough to check a file for gobbledegook before printing it, but you never know.
BIRTHDAY: Done. Went out in the rain and wind to Williams-Sonoma and dropped $86 on random crap I thought might entertain my wife... chocolate Belgian waffle mix, mini cheesecake pan, garlicky/herby dipping sauces, some kind of warm-chocolate-filled cake kit...
MEETING: A bit tiresome what with the hashing over in excruciating detail things that I just "wing" when I'm teaching a class by myself... but we seem to be fairly ready for the first day or two.
---------
That's pretty much it for today. I still have the ride home to get some more done. I need to look at all my classes and make sure I have an assignment ready for the first day, and that anything that needs to be handed out is already PRINTED out. I'm still not clear on what I plan to SAY on the first day in any of the classes. I should work that up today or tonight so it has time to roll around in my head and sink in before Monday.
MONDAY!!!
Have I mentioned that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment