Tuesday, July 4

hey look! summer is half over...

Yesterday I took a look at the proposed syllabi for my three fall courses, one of which is brand new. Crap, do I have a lot of work to do. Not just on the new one either. I had big plans for revamping the astro course to include a week on the history of space exploration (which I find students know nothing about) and some more math here and there. And then there is the basic physics course, where I want to add more problem solving and lab activities, and looking at the syllabus I can't begin to see how to fit it all in without knocking out some of the historical readings I like to do.

Anyway, I'm going to print out my syllabi and stick them in the back pocket of my overpriced Moleskine notebook and bring them on the cruise. I also will be writing an outline of the next book chapter (Quantum Mechanics... oy). So, I'll be the guy by the pool on the cruise ship sipping cocktails and working on physics the whole time. And before you say... "Hey, Dave... shouldn't you be having FUN on the cruise??"... remember who you are talking to. What could be more fun than writing syllabi on a cruise ship?!

No comments: