Monday, May 14

aches, pains, and the rest...

* My right ankle has been bothering me on and off for a while now. I happened to glance at it the other day when I was sitting watching TV with my bare foot up on the coffee table and it was visibly swollen on the outside, next to my Achilles tendon. It looks for all the world like some kind of muscular thing... a strain or a sprain or or some kind of sports-related injury. Which is odd, considering the only sport I engage in is sitting watching TV with my feet up on the coffee table.

* My left middle finger ACHES. Oh, how it aches. It always feels like I need to crack it. And sometimes I do, but it doesn’t help. It actually makes me wince and sometimes scream. I’m beginning to be able to see down the road to a point where arthritis will go from being a nuisance to actually keeping me from doing things. I should play lots of guitar now before my hand turns into a claw.

* The allergies are still bothering me, but the latest is that they have come down hard on the Boy. He looks awful. He’s been constantly stuffed up for about 5 days, and his eyes are intermittently swollen shut like he just lost a big prize fight. (“Cut me, Mick... cut me!”) We took him to the doctor on Saturday and got a Zyrtec prescription, but couldn’t fill it until today. (Fucking insurance companies.) Allergies. Bah. My prediction is that he inherits my wife’s asthma next. Because what’s a nerd boy w/o an inhaler.

No comments: