status? totally quo...
Still suffering from a real dearth of bloggable content. The semester is starting to really kick in... mettings are popping up all over the calendar... some weeks are starting to fill. My play is in a few weeks, and I got my annual invitation to visit the Old School to talk about the end of the universe. Busy.
Today I'm giving a lecture for my online astronomy class. I really only expect two or three people to show up. So, in addition to the astronomy kids, I invited all of the students from the Einstein class and bribed them with 5 bonus exam points. I expect at least FOUR of them to come. There are a lot more groupies/suckups in that one.
I plan on going all-out with the AV on this one. Not only am I recording the audio with my fancy new lapel mic / iPod setup, but I'll be recording the Keynote slides with Profcast, and setting up TWO video cameras - one on a wide shot, one on a tight shot. I want to experiment with Final Cut and see how long it takes me to edit down a 90 minute lecture with multiple camera angles. Not that I plan to do this often... but there are enough "pivotal lectures" that I give 3 or 4 times a year, that it would be really nice to say - hey kids... go online and watch this lecture!
Then tomorrow, I'm teaching a colleague's class, and giving a lecture on the Conservation of Energy. Hell, I should videotape that one too. But for now, I need to make some damned handouts for his class. I should really do that now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment