Monday, August 9

just five more weeks, mom?

Public school started here today - can you believe it?? The second week of August? Damn. My daughter starts next week, I thought that was bad. It's draconian enough that they make the poor kids wear uniforms to public school, at least let them have a freakin' vacation!

Although - really, what do I care?

Yoga class today. Then... who knows? I'd like to get another 5:00 of narration written today, then maybe think about storyboarding chapter 4 of the video. I've taken to tacking up 4x6" index cards onto the wall next to my desk with colored pencil drawings of the shots I'm planning. It's more fun making educational videos if you pretend you work at Pixar.

The weekend was about as productive as one can hope for. We cleaned the kids' rooms... or tried to anyway. The boy's is at about the 90% level, but the girl's is no more than 50%. What a freaking disaster area. And then there is the playroom, which... I dunno. It seems to me once you cram so many toys into a room that there is no room to play, it ceases to be a playroom and just becomes a big giant closet. It's looking like a "before" picture from Clean Sweep in there.

I also hung the ceiling fan in our bedroom - finally. There was a snafu with the builders whereby they didn't double-wire the ceiling fans in the LR or the Master BR. They claim it's because there were already recessed lights in the ceiling, so there was no reason to have the fan light on a separate switch. Ummm.... no.... what if we want the FAN on and the LIGHTS off? Like in the middle of the day? How the fuck are we supposed to do that when the ceiling is 14 feet high? So we got them to install remotes on the fans. Anyway, after hanging that fan, I have to say... electricians must develop pretty serious shoulder muscles. I can NOT hold my arms above my fucking head for that long!

Anyway - it looks nice. We are having our first "houseguests" on Thursday, which means we must consider our house to be almost ready for public consumption. And yet - there are still boxes.... always boxes.

Ok. That's it for me. Time for our Monday Morning Meeting at work. I need to make up a list of things to pretend to have accomplished last week!

D.



No comments: