Wednesday, February 9

the opposite of writing...

I'm supposed to be writing a script. Instead I'm reading. Read...read...read... you know... "research"? Because the thing I'm writing isn't exactly my field... which means I'm having a tough time getting an "angle" on the whole topic. It's not the factual information that's the problem, it's putting it all together into something coherent... something with a POINT.

Anyway, so I sit in my office and read...read...read... for three days now, and something's got to give, because I'm driving myself crazy and my head is just a big jumble of IDEAS and yet nothing comes out when I stare at the paper/word processor.

The whole thing brings to mind a quote I've read by Aaron Sorkin about the agony that is his writing process, and I thought I could find it online, but I can't, so I'll copy it it from the West Wing book at home, which I think is where it's from, and post it here later. So... stay tuned for that.

In other news, we got Sirius satellite radio yesterday, so... scratch one more techno-gadget off the list. (Do we have them all yet?) I also got a car kit for my iPod, so... say bye-bye- to the front seat full of loose CDs that fly around the car like little silver frisbees everytime I turn a corner.

I think that's it, folks... at least, nothing else is going on that rises to the level of rantworthyness. I promise to deliver something anecdoty this week... I promise!!


No comments: