the weight thing... resolutions...
Just a few days ago I was expressing great satisfaction to myself over the fact that - despite mostly sliding back into my bad eating habits - I had managed to maintain my weight at just-shy-of-200 since the summer.
Well, that all went to hell. I blame the combo of Xmas junkfoodery with the lack of NYC walkage for the past 2 weeks. Sucks.
I don't bother with "New Year's Resolutions" for weight loss, cuz I know they won't work for me... but I do need to get all this fucking chocolate and stuff OUT of the house. And maybe buy some fruit.
In the meantime, I have a month to get myself yoga-ready in terms of both weight (<200 is fine) and flexibility. I don't expect to be doing any kind of formal "practice" on my own, but I will make a point to do something bendy every day just so I don't get completely fucking wiped out the first time I go to a class. This semester, though... Tuesdays! Yoga! EVERY TUESDAY!
In other "resolution" type news, we have to get a handle on our spending. My wife always wants to come up with a "budget", but that never works, becuase we aren't disciplined enough. My idea is to schedule monthly "fasts" to cut down on random frivolous spending. For example - January? Book fast. No B&N, no Borders, no Amazon. February? Target fast. March? Restaurant fast.
The wife is skeptical, and thinks we'll react by binge-shopping on the first of every month on whatever we were just denied, but I think even if we DO, we will still wind up spending a couple hundred bucks less every month.
What do you think readers? What luxury could YOU fast on for a month to save a few bucks?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment