We amused ourselves so much with our Grammy night predictions, pippa and I have gone and done it again with the Academy Awards. Enjoy...
Performance by an actor in a leading role: Forest Whitaker - THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND
pippa: I think the Academy is going to shock the hell out of folks and give it to Peter Fracking O'Toole.
dave: i considered it? but by all accounts Forest Whittaker is pretty amazing in that Idi Amin movie
pippa: don't care. Crazy is easy. BEING crazy and acting like you aren't? Genius. Most folks can't manage it.
dave: right.
pippa: I mean, look at Britney
Performance by an actor in a supporting role: Eddie Murphy - DREAMGIRLS
pippa: Okay... supporting actor? Deperessing, but they will probably give it to Eddie Murphy. I would much rather see it to to Jackie Earle Haley. I had HUGE crush on him in the Bad News Bears.
Performance by an actress in a leading role: Helen Mirren - THE QUEEN
pippa: Helen Mirren. That's a gimme.
Performance by an actress in a supporting role: Jennifer Hudson - DREAMGIRLS
pippa: Jennifer Hudson. I think anyone who can sing that song wins anything they are up for. Period.
dave: (this may not be worth posting if we agree on 90% of them!)
Best animated feature film of the year: CARS
pippa: I'm going with Happy Feet. Cars with eyes on the windshield? Not so much. Penguins dancing? Comedy gold.
dave: We hated happy feet. Even two LoTR alumni couldn't save that one.Besides, Pixar tends to pwn this category
pippa: Heh. You said pwn. Are we doing the rest of te picks in l33t?
Achievement in art direction: PAN'S LABYRINTH
pippa: Pans Labrynth. Hands down.
Achievement in cinematography: CHILDREN OF MEN
pippa: Pans Labrynth again
dave: I didn't see either one. My picks for the last two are based solely on the trailers.
Achievement in costume design: MARIE ANTOINETTE
pippa: I'm going with Curse of the Golden Flower.
dave: I think it's usually a fair bet that corsets = costume design oscar
Achievement in directing: LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA
pippa: I don't think that they are going to throw the bone to Scorcese as expected, and I'm going with Bablel.
Best documentary feature: AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH
pippa: In Your Face, BUSH!
Adapted screenplay: NOTES ON A SCANDAL
pippa: Pan's Labyrinth
Original screenplay: BABEL
pippa: Borat
dave: wait, wasn't Borat UNSCRIPTED?? what was the screenplay??
pippa: Maybe they wrote it all down after they made it?
Best motion picture of the year: BABEL
pippa: Little Miss Sunshine.
dave: what?? no way. that movie is far too add and quirky to win best picture
pippa: Are we done?
dave: think so.
pippa: That's all the nominees and that show takes 8 HOURS?
dave: that was kind of boring. it would be more interesting if we just watched the show and made fun of the way people dressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment