shoe report...
Well, the verdict is in, and while the new slow-motion-video-approved shoes are not working magic, they are pretty fucking impressive. I ran the last day of week three Thursday morning and my shins only gave me the tiniest tweak during the last run... a tweak that I probably wouldn't have noticed had I not been obsessively monitoring the state of my shins. Given that for the past 3 or 4 runs, the pain has been sharp and obvious - not unbearable, but certainly impossible to ignore - a little tweak is a big improvement. So, I guess that was worth $95 (or rather, worth the $40 MORE than the $55 shoes) after all.
Shoes aside, it was 28ยบ fucking degrees this morning. The whole point of waiting until mid-April to start this endeavor was to NOT have to deal with sub freezing temperatures. So my lungs were not terribly happy about the cold air. But the thing that happened this morning that I felt good about was this... I complained to my wife about the cold while I was getting dressed to run and she said, "So just run tomorrow instead"... and I wasn't even tempted, not even a little bit. It simply did not occur to me to not run today. When I realized this, I was surprised. Maybe this running thing is going to work.
If I'm starting to sound all Oprahfied or like an inspirational poster or something, please feel free to tell me to shut the fuck up. I know that's not what people come here for. But I'm finding it hard to contain my bemusement at even these tiny successes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment