Wednesday, May 14

week 5...

Got up and ran this morning. Started week 5. The run went really well. Finally, a good run! The weird thing is... day 1 of week 5 is actually LESS RUNING than week four. (5+5+5=15 min as opposed to 3+5+3+5=16 min). But week 5 is also the first week that gets harder EACH DAY. Day two has a couple of 8-minute runs and then day three jumps up to 20 minutes! What the hell? I think in order the squeeze the whole plan into 9 weeks, they cut some corners here and there.

I picked up a backup set of running clothes on sale the other day. They were kind of semi-generic brand, but the shirt claimed to be made out of a wicking material, so I figured, what the hell. Mistake! This is the first time in the 5 weeks I've felt damp and sweaty during the run, and it was only 40°. I guess all that crap about CoolMax™ isn't bullshit after all.

No comments: