Tuesday, August 19

exhaustion is better than anger...

Tried to redeem this waste of a day with a run as the sun was going down. It's amazing how cool 70º feels when the humidity is under 60% and there is a breeze. Ran one mile in 9:40, which is a helluva lot better than the 10:30+ last time. Walked for probably longer than I should, then ran for about 7:00 more... probably 3/4 mile back home. Still not back to 2 miles yet... maybe this weekend.

Not sure if I mentioned it here yet, but I have a 5K race penciled in on the calendar on 9/21. Which means I have a month to get from <2 miles to 3+ miles. I assume the first step towards that is making the SECOND mile feel as good as the FIRST mile feels now. This seems highly unlikely. But running a mile comfortably seemed unlikely initially, so... we'll see.

Anyway. I hope to get some work done tonight. Heading into the city tomorrow.

No comments: