takin' care of bidness...
Heading into the city today to copy, copy, copy! My goal is to have the textual parts of my review portfolio essentially DONE by the end of business today. It should be do-able... it just requires some dedicated time sitting and printing everything I've done for the past 5 years.
Once that is all ready, I need to decide how I'm going to go about making 8 three-hole punched copies of the thing (which I expect to run to 500+ doublesided pages.) I've heard that the Staples in Union Square will do a big job like that and deliver it to campus, but that would probably mean a couple more trips into the city... one to drop it off, and one to pick it up and assemble it into binders with dividers. The alternative is to get it done up here in the suburbs, but then I'd have to get 8 500-page binders into the city, which would probably mean driving. I fucking hate driving into the city, but I could stop at Ikea in NJ and get some stuff for the office!
Speaking of the office, I stuffed my old Netgear router into my bag today. See, my office is in a building with no wireless access, and I can't deal with that. What am I supposed to do, plug a damned ETHERNET CABLE into my laptop every time I sit down at my desk? And then fiddle with the network settings? Is it fucking 1996? Instead, I'll set up my own pirate wireless network. The Netgear has really shitty wireless range, so I'm pretty sure nobody will ever see it outside of my office. Just in case the Universty Geek Squad doesn't like you doing these sorts of things, I'll hide it under the desk. I think I'll set the network name to "underthetable"
I requested some bookshelves for the office, but I'd be kinda stunned to see them there already. I kinda hope they AREN'T actually, because that would make it too easy to fuck around organizing my books instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment