now tighten your liver...
Went to yoga class today for the first time in ages. There are very few options that are near here with convenient class times, so I tried the one at the Gold's Gym that's about 15 min away. It was ok, but not great. I'm used to a more active style of yoga... this class had way too much hoo-haa about "energy", and bunch of that "breathe in through your pancreas, and out through your spleen" nonsense. Just give me some down dogs and some warriors and a tree, ok? If I want to breathe through one nostril, I can do that at home without paying $12. (Hey, Dharma... nice theory and all, but... I'm pretty sure that breathing through your left nostril alone relaxes you and helps with sleep problems BECAUSE YOU'RE GETTING HALF AS MUCH OXYGEN!!!)
I shouldn't complain, though... because a more active class would have kicked my ass. Maybe I'll try another "Level 1" with a different instructor. Someone without her Kundalini up her Hatha, preferably.
UPDATE: This link showed up on Boing-boing today, just in time for my return to yoga. WANT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment