Thursday, April 22

the big blah...

Aaah... the Big Bang. Something I’ve taught a zillion times before. And you know what THAT means, don’t you? Recycled PowerPoints!! Woo-hoo! Beats the crap out of actually PREPARING to teach like I’ve had to for the past two weeks. Back to phoning it in... for Astronomy, anyway. Although, in my physics class, I’m actually teaching new material... stuff I’ve never done in any other class... Feynman diagrams, the pion exchange model, QCD. Fun stuff, but it’s always amazing how different it is when I teach something I’ve never taught before. It sucks noticeably more than a typical class. I guess practice does make... if not perfect, then at least “less sucky”.

There are about 4 weeks left of class. I’m glad. I’m done. Seriously. D-o-n-e. This has been a crappy semester. Which I suppose is good, since I won’t exactly be SAD about leaving academia.

Not that I’m leaving, mind you, because somehow I can never actually LEAVE a job. I’m scheduled to teach an online course next semester for my University. (The WRONG course, actually... major screw up... long story.) The thing is, since I agreed to do that, I’ve gotten a better offer... a chance to teach online science courses for SUNY. Good courses too... I mean... FUN courses. But I can’t really do TWO at once... not with a new job and all. So... I don’t know. We’ll see what happens.

Astronomy class sucked today, by the way. No surprise, really.

No comments: