because 40 gig is just not enough...
I tried to burn a CD yesterday, but my iBook told me it COULDN'T because it had less than 650 Mb of hard-drive space free. Ooops! Time for a good house-cleaning. I discovered that an archive of files and programs called "Old Mac Apps" was taking up 2.1 Gb, so... I think that's going to get burned to a DVD today. I could probably clean out the iTunes folder of downloaded-but-disliked music... not to mention retire some mediocre porn. I should also get rid of the Mac "Developer" tools. It's not like I ever actually write C-programs anymore, even though I like to know I could if I needed to.
I really, really would like a new computer. The problem is... I promised myself I would never buy another iBook. And to do what I want to do is really going to require a PowerBook anyway. (I'd like to be able to run GarageBand and iMovie at decent speeds.) And even a 12" PowerBook is gonna run me $2400 or so. Yeah... it's hard to be a Mac Snob at upgrade time, especially when there's always an ugly Windows laptop at Best Buy for $500.
I'm considering a few options. I could add some RAM, a bigger HD, and a new battery to the iBook for maybe $500 and get another year or so out of it. But hell... for that much money, maybe I should just buy a MacMini to use at home. They are, after all... awfully CUTE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment