Saturday, April 8

"THANK YOU MISTER DAAAVE..."

In addition to finishing my book project yesterday (**) I spent a significant portion of the morning teaching second grade. Yeah... I know... I volunteer for these things without giving them a whole lot of thought. But my daughter's class was learning about the Moon, so I told her teacher that I'd be happy to come in talk to the kids about space-stuff. And of course, you know me.... it wasn't a matter of just coming in and talking... there were handouts and activities and visual aids and demonstrations...

Actually. Now that I look back on it, it was probably the best lecture I've given this year.

Anyway, the kids were good and asked really good questions, but... Jesus... I can't imagine expending that much energy for longer than an hour at a time. What kind of crazy people become elementary school teachers??

--------------------------

(**) A reader asked when Chapter Two is due. It's due on June 16th, which means I have a month between the end of my semester and the end of my kids' school to work on it. And I'm sure I'll do a fair amount of roughing out and outlining of the chapter before then. So, hopefully there won't be QUITE as much stress.

No comments: