Friday, August 25

curiously well equipped...

I was reading a bunch of Lifehacker-ish articles today about keeping an emergency kit full of doodads packed inside of an Altoids tin to keep in your laptop bag or car or whatever. It seemed like such a fun project that I went around the house and packed my own. Some people take a gadget approach, others a medical approach, others a "survivalist" approach. I basically tried to think of all the things I often find myself thinking - "Fuck, if only I had a..." Here is what I have so far...
NYC metro card
$4 (two dollar bills and 8 quarters) wrapped in rubber bands
Two band aids
Two paper clips
Two binder clips
Two guitar picks
One ponytail holder
One travel-pack of sunscreen
Two toothpicks and a travel roll of dental floss

I still need to add some sewing stuff and safety pins, a tiny pencil, and maybe some post-it notes. A separate pill-sized tin holds 6 Altoids and 4 Sudafed.

Any other ideas?

No comments: