Friday, August 25

does anyone else smell burning thigh flesh...?

You've probably all heard by now that Apple is recalling 1.8 million laptop batteries, and... you guessed it, kiddies... Dr. Dave's serial number falls right smack in the middle of the affected range.

So... after the first 24-hour barrage of requests was over and Apple's support page recovered from the traffic, I finally got through to the online support form and ordered my replacement. They tell you to take your battery out and only use the computer plugged in until your new battery comes. Then they tell you it may take 6 weeks. Umm... fuck YOU Apple... I'm going to stop using my laptop portably for six weeks? I'll risk catching my pants on fire, thanks.

(PS - for those of you who would use this opportunity to take a shot at Apple, I'll point out that these batteries are manufactured by SONY, and are the same ones that Dell just had to recall.)

No comments: