the curse of heredity...
My 7 year-old daughter went to her first real eye-doctor appointment yesterday (apart from the in-school screenings of the "ok, you aren't blind" variety) and she was prescribed glasses for reading. It was inevitable, I guess, since both her parents wear glasses, but 7 seems a little early. The weird thing is that she has one eye that is much worse than the other, just like me.
Genetics is just bizarre.
Anyway, she actually seems marginally excited about it. (She picked out purple frames, apparently!) I tried to be upbeat about it when I came home from work yesterday. I told her I bet she would look older... "I bet you'll look EIGHT!". Her response? "I already look eight... it's because I'm in the third grade."
Fine, never mind. Clearly your self-esteem needs no boosting from me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment