Thursday, December 14

I couldn't be more proud...

I got this email from my wife this morning, recounting a conversation between my 7 year old daughter (K) and the 9-year old girl across the street (M) over breakfast this morning.


K (daughter): Did you know that one thousand billion years from now, the Earth is going to explode. It's true. I read it in a book.
M (neighbor): Well, it doesn't matter because God is going to end the world soon. (turns to wife) Do you believe in God?
Wife: Yes.
M: Does she?
Wife: I don't know, you'd have to ask her.
M: Well, have you been saved?
Wife: We believe in a different kind of religion.
M: Well *Christians* --
K: But it's *science* --
Wife: We're Christian, just a different flavor of Christian than you. There are lots of different religions, you know.
M: I know, but when Christians die, they all go to heaven, and ... I don't know what happens next, but I guess I'll see you guys in heaven.
K: Well, the Earth is going to end one thousand billion years from now, but it doesn't matter, because we won't still be alive.
M: Did you know that back in the time of the Bible, people lived for 300 years?
Wife: Some people think that that was just a way of showing respect to people.
M: It's true! It's in the Bible.
K: Sometimes the Bible lies.
Wife, intervening: People believe different things about the Bible. Some people believe it literally, and some people think it's more of a story. Right?
M nods.
Wife: Can we please move on to a different topic??

No comments: