don we now our gay apparel...
Tonight is the faculty Xmas party, so this is going to be a looooooong day. I really have no idea when I'll be trying to get home. The trains get pretty scarce after 8:00 PM, and the party doesn't start until 7:00. I'm thinking there is something 9:30-ish I could probably catch. I'd really rather not take that train that gets home at 1:50.
But in honor of the festivities, I'm wearing my black pants and black/purple striped shirt to go with my new velvet blazer. (See subject line.) Actually TWO new black velvet blazers, since I picked up one this weekend that fits a little better and I need to take the first one back. They are cut ridiculously small. I usually wear a 42 regular in off-the-rack sportscoats, but I could barely move by arms in a 42R, so I went all the way up to a 46R to get the arms to fit. It was a little too long in the waist, but not ridiculously so. But when I went back the other day, they had a 44L that fits better. So, the one in the closet goes back. Eventually.
(I have officially been married to my wife TOO LONG.)
I was hoping for a relaxing train ride today. I'm giving one final exam, which is already written and ready to print, and I'm doing a review session for Astronomy. So I figured I had nothing to prepare for... maybe I could even grade a few papers. But then I remembered I have one Astro student who needs to take the exam early. So I have to write that exam this morning. Fuck.
The weekend was full of shopping fun. I ran all over Saturday afternoon and again Saturday night, with only marginal success. (Grandmom and Dad done, brother almost done, Mom nothing.) Then on Sunday we took the kids to the mall to get their pictures taken in the matching sweaters my wife knitted (insane!) for them. Then on the way home we got a flat tire on the van, which I had to change in a gas station parking lot. At least it wasn't on the highway!! Merry Christmas!!
Anyway, there is other stuff going on today, but I really need to get to that exam, so...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment