Wednesday, October 12

on the bright side, after another 36 I'll almost surely be dead...

Leave the house, walk to car, notice it's raining, walk back to house, pick up umbrella, open to test for spiky-ness, walk back to car, drive to train station, get out of car, pick up umbrella, push little somehow-now-jammed handle pushbutton repeatedly to no end until reaching the conclusion...

Birthdays... oh how they suck!

There is a science department meeting today, and we all have a "project" that we're supposed to have completed, which of course I haven't even started, so I have to go to my office and rush-rush-rush the thing out before noon. Not a big deal, but it does mean that nothing else gets done today.

I woke up with a sore throat today. Not sure why. There is a lot of low-grade semi-cold floating around the house. Snotty kids. Maybe this is that.

I'm wearing a grey blazer with brown shoes because my brown blazer is at the office. I'll swap them when I get there, but in the meantime, it really bugs me.

I had yoga class yesterday. The verdict is still out on this one. It's a lot more rapid-fire-Vinyasa crap than I really care for... but the instructor always pulls some kinds of weird-ass pose out of her bag-of-yoga-tricks that I've never seen before, which feels like utter TORTURE while I'm doing it, but makes me feel really great after class. She still runs 15 minutes over, though... which is NOT cool.

I put first coat of silver and blue paint on the Artoo trashcan last night. Painter's masking tape doesn't really work very well on the plastic, so I think I'm going to have to do a lot of touch-ups, but I think it's going to be cute. My wife and I are currently arguing over the minimum acceptable face-opening size for safe visibility. Moms ruin everything.

I feel like I was awake every hour from 1:30 AM to 5:30 AM last night. Bedwetting incidents... scratchy cats... then there's that damned "alarm clock" thingy. At least that has an off button. Oh yeah.. did I mention I was a half hour late getting out of bed? Yeah. I'm having Jolt caffeinated gum for breakfast at the moment.

Oh, also... I forgot my watch.

So, it's 7:30, and the day already kinda sucks. Oh well... at least I have the lame presents and perfunctory sex to look forward to!


(PS> I managed to PRY my umbrella open, which is good, because it is fucking POURING. Also, I just realized I left the powercord to my laptop at home. Buy guess what? I HAVE A SPARE! At the OFFICE! Take THAT, Universe!!)

No comments: