for the readers who didn't get it...
I got a few crabby notes from some female readers about my PMS post the other day - as if it was a complaint about how crabby my wife is when she gets her period. That was not the complaint. That was only the SET-UP to the complaint. Yes I'm a man and I'll never understand how bad it can be and blah, blah, blah... ok... fine. I don't begrudge my wife, or any of you, your monthly crabbiness. Crab away. That is not the point. The point was her persistent, stubborn, complete and utter lack of self-awareness regarding the issue. The point was that she can bark at me for three days, and live on M&M's for two days, and then all of a sudden go..."Oh! Look! I just got my period! Who'd have known THAT was going to happen?"
Ummm... well... me, the kids, the grocery-store clerk, anyone with a fucking CALENDAR...
THAT was the complaint.
So there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment