to sir with love...
I’m not sure I’m cut out to be an “executive”. Y’see... my position in this new job as “Science Director” puts me at what amounts to a VP level in the organization. Granted it’s an organization with only 8 employees... but still... there are people “under” me. Mostly the computer guys. And I know I’m not cut out to be an executive, because whenever I ask these guys for something, they jump up from their desks and do it RIGHT AWAY, and that just makes me really, really uncomfortable. Chill out... finish what you’re doing... get back to me after lunch. Jesus.
The other thing is... all the younger guys at the office call me “Sir”. And I’m not sure if it’s a Southern thing, or an AGE thing or a WORK thing or a Ph.D. thing... and I’m not sure how I feel about it either. I guess the fact that I haven’t asked them to stop yet says something.
Maybe I’ll get used to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment