Monday, July 19

yow! too hot in da hot tub…

So, as the house gets more and more empty of boxes, the need to fill it up with THINGS becomes more and more urgent. Thusly, we are spending money like there is no tomorrow. On Saturday, the M.I.L. babysat the kids while the wife and I went shopping. The result? No sofa, but we did drop $5000 on a hot-tub. Who needs a sofa? We can just watch TV from the back yard, especially after I drop another $1400 at Sears today on a Toshiba 46” widescreen HDTV.

And that’s not even to mention the fence we need to build ($3500+) or the swingset (500+?) or… who knows? Plus all the little things… a medicine cabinet here… an area rug there…

It’s starting to get a little crazy. Hopefully we’ll be able to stop soon.

But the most important home-improvement accomplishment of the weekend was the installation of BLINDS on all the freaking bedroom windows. Now maybe SOMEONE in the house will sleep beyond 6:15 in the fucking morning!

No comments: