Saturday, July 31

riding out the day's events...

Since I'm awake a six o'clock in the fucking morning on a Saturday, I thought I might come here and write in my weblog, but now that I'm here I can't really think about anything to write about other than the fact that I'd rather NOT be awake at six o'clock in the fucking morning on a Saturday.

Today we get to go to a birthday party for the 3-year-old granddaughter of my Boss. (His daughter and son-in-law are about our age, with kids about our kids' ages. Instant friends!) It's at this place called "Pumped Up!" which is NOT a macho-Gold's-Gym kind of weight-lifting place, which is what we thought when we saw the sign... it's a place that sells and rents giant inflatable bouncy-things... you know... those "Moon Bounce" things or big bouncy castles or whatever. Well they apparenly also host birthday parties. And as much as I think my wife goes completely insane with planning our kids' parties, I really hate it when people have parties at those Chuckie-Cheezy kind of places. I'd much rather go to someone's HOUSE, y'know? Expend a little effort, people... huh?

Anyway.

Tomorrow I'm driving to Atlanta to go see a Rush concert with my friend Sam. (geeks!) The whole family was going to go, but we changed our plans... partly because of the party, partly because my daughter's summer-day-camp starts on Monday, and partly because we haven't quite recovered enough from The Move yet to face spending 5 hours in the car with the kids twice in one weekend. So instead... I get to go BY MYSELF!! Which means 5 hours in the car BY MYSELF twice in one weekend!! Most likely listening to geeky progressive rock at maximum volume. Rock on, Dave...

And I get to miss work on Monday.

Who knows when I will post between now and then. The iBook will be along for the ride just-in-case, though.

No comments: