home again…
Aaah… nothing like returning home from a long vacation back to your own smelly, cat-urine-soaked hovel.
Ahem.
Have I posted since the wedding? I can’t even remember. (checks…) Oh, look… I did! What a good blogger am I.
(MS Word alternate suggestions for the unrecognized word “blogger” – logger, flogger, boggier, Bolger. “Bolger”? As in “Ray Bolger” – the guy who played the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz? What the hell kind of word is THAT for a spellchecker to know?)
Anyway, we managed to squeeze back in to town just before the tropical storm breezed by, but it missed us anyway. That’s actually one of my favorite weather phenomena… being grazed by a tropical storm. We got that a lot growing up in Maryland. Some hurricane would hit the Carolinas, drift up the coast, get downgraded to a tropical storm (or the even more pitiful “tropical depression”) and then treat us to a day of spooky skies and eerie, quiet wind. Hurricanes suck, but almost hurricanes rock.
("Here I am! Rock you like a tropical depression!!")
So… back to work. The Little One starts preschool today, so now everyone is going to be on a routine. And that will magically fix everything that is wrong with our lives. The house will be clean… we will eat food that does not come in a box… sometimes we will all eat the SAME food, at the SAME time, together at the SAME table… we will lose 20 pounds… we will have friends… the sun will shine, and birds will sing!
Or my wife will just sleep all day on M, W, and F…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment