The wife and I are very into Grey's Anatomy. It came along just in time to rescue us from the suckfest that ER has become. And it's following a very similar pattern to the early years of ER. We were very into ER in the early days - BC (Before Clooney left) - and I recall having a similar realization a couple of seasons in. Because, as a guy, they keep you distracted with all the medical drama and "GSWs" and guys with pieces of re-bar sticking out of their chest just enough so that it takes you two seasons to realize that - "Hey... wait a minute... I'm watching a fucking SOAP OPERA!!" Well, Grey's Anatomy doesn't even really try that hard to hide it, but still I've only recently realized that the target audience for this show is actually 19 year old girls. And yet, I'm into the show enough to feel the need to share my opinions of it on my blog. So... here we go...
1) Meredith is a whore. And Derek (McDreamy) is a dirtbag. No amount of good hair and manly stubble can make up for what an asshole he is. Two weeks ago when he caught Meredith with the vet and then got all pissy with her at work the next day and gave her the - "Not now, Meredith" cold shoulder, I was actually unable to control myself and yelled - "Fuck YOU!" - at the television.
2) I can't believe they fucked again in the season finale. Bleah. I hate them both.
3) If George fucks up this thing with Dr. Torres, and goes back to pining after Meredith Grey, I swear to God I will figure out some way to kick his fictional ass. I will write a fanfic if I have to. Because seriously... Sara Ramirez is about a hundred times hotter than that weepy, vague, squinty Grey.
4) I totally knew they were going to kill Denny... I had been warning my wife about it for weeks. And yet it still got me all misty-eyed, dammit. (Although I wasn't clutching a literal fistful of Kleenex by the end like a certain someone else in the house. This show has her number so bad, it's scary.) And the weird thing is, the last time I almost cried at a TV show was in the episode of Weeds where Mary Louise Parker has her first big night out and instead of hooking up with someone she goes home and sits on the bedroom floor and watches an old video of her and her dead husband having sex, and the look on her face... god, I love Mary Louise Parker. But, the weird thing is that her dead husband is played by the same actor that played Denny. (I think he plays someone dead on "Supernatural" too. He's got the Dead Guy market cornered.)
5) Are they really getting Alex and Izzy together again next season? Yuck. I hate him. I don't care if he did pick her up in the end all Prince-Chraming-like. He's still a dick.
OK, that's enough for now. I can feel what's left of my manhood slipping away as I type. I should talk about "Lost" instead. They are promising some "answers" in the finale. I'll believe it when I see it. I assume they'll reveal who the Others are... I'm assuming they are Dharma Initiative scientists dressed up in Robinson Crusoe Drag. And they are obviously testing Walt for some kind of psychic powers, but it's unclear what else they are up to... rounding up the "Good Ones" as Henry Gale put it. (I wonder if he was telling the truth about Locke?) I wonder if we'll get to see inside their hatch?
The other big mystery to me has nothing to do with the SHOW, per se... it's more "meta" than that. I can't help but wonder if the real reason that Anna Lucia and Libby got offed this season had anything to do with their recent DUI arrests in Hawaii. Don't drink and drive kids, or your TV writers will have you shot!
Shit, I'm supposed to be grading right now, not recapping TV season finales. I'd better get on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment