summer bloggin'...
(... happened so fast.)
It's that time of year again folks... summer vacation - when Dave's weblog entries get shorter and more infrequent. Unavoidable. It's the nature of the business. Summers are just different. And in a weird way - busier than the semesters. Housework and kids and trips and all that.
(I'm in a little ticky-tacky café in the suburbs, and I think the guy at the table over there is on the phone with his "bookie". Do people even have "bookies" anymore? Bizarre.)
Anyway, I'm glad to have today and a couple of days next week to get away. Today I plan to finish up the corrections on my Einstein textbook chapter. (And maybe outline the next one!) Next Tuesday I have to head to NYC for an afternoon meeting w/ the science people. And Thursday, I'm heading into the city again to catch a show at a small club near where i work. It's a little weird... I've never been to a club show in Manhattan. I don't know what to expect. I don't know what to wear. I worry I'll be unable to enjoy the music while fretting over being Not Hip Enough. Perhaps the alcohol will help with that.
In the past two days, my conference plans for the summer have gone from two conferences to NO conferences to maybe one conference to maybe two conferences again. Travel funding at this university is a mess. There are about a half dozen sources of funding, some of them top-secret, and none of them connected. It's just a nightmare. Anyway, I'm not paying $700 out of my own pocket to go to Syracuse and give an 8 minute talk at 10:00 at fucking night.
Anyway - it's 10:00 AM right now, time to get to the Einstein... it would be nice to be done by noon so I can go home and take a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment