help desk....
As you might imagine, I get a reputation around work as the Mac Fixit Guy. As a result, I’ll be spending part of next Tuesday afternoon helping a colleague who owns a used clamshell-style G3 iBook. She needs to remove the previous owner’s administrative restrictions that keep her from removing any files or applications. I have a few ideas how to get around it, including...
* Booting from a CD-Rom and deleting the offending applications.
* Re-installing OS 9 from disk.
* Just loaning her FrankenMac so that she can finish this project that requires her to use OS-9 legacy software. (Which is the only reason she has the clamshell iBook in the first place.)
The only question is... would I be going to all this effort if said colleague was not...
* thin
* blonde
* cute
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment