spinning...
It’s amazing the slow clarity of thought that accompanies imminent death. I hit a major patch of “Black Ice” this morning on a deserted back road... started to skid, turned my wheel to compensate, and completely lost control... I wound up sliding about 100 feet backwards down the road. The whole time my brain is very calmly assessing the situation... ”Ok... I’m not spinning anymore... I’m just sliding...backwards... I’ll just hold the wheel still... I’m slowing down somewhat... I’ll just keep my foot on the brake... lightly... I am in the other lane... but there weren’t any cars coming the other way, so that should be ok... I’m going straight, which is good... I don’t remember seeing any big trees on my side of the road...”
Finally I stopped. It was only then that I flipped out.
The human brain is a weird place.
D.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment