santa's devious little elves...
The Boy has been asking for a "big astronaut toy" for Xmas. We've run into this problem before... it is actually surprisingly difficult to find space and astronaut toys short of a science museum gift shop. And what with the transit strike in NYC, I was unable to get to the Museum of Natural History this week as planned. So we looked at various toystores... but... no dice.
Then today at KayBee, I came across this very cool looking Fantastic Four Ben Grimm astronaut figure with "face-changing action". Meaning what? Meaning that you push the button on the back of this (very cool looking) astronaut figure and his human face spins around transforming into The Thing. Bleah. The Boy would NOT like the scary Thing face. So...?
So, I bought it for $7.99, took it home, opened it, took a hacksaw, cut off the button on the back, filled the hole with glue, and... viola! One very cool astronaut figure... sans changing face!
Oh yeah, I threw away the big "space cannon" too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment