Wednesday, December 7

train stuff...

I'm an idiot. All this time I've been taking the train into Penn Station, because in my mind that's just where trains GO. I come down from up north, change in Secaucus NJ, take the train into Penn, and take the subway from 34th down to 14th.

I've known for a while that there is another option. You can take the train PAST Secaucus to HOBOKEN. There is a train called the PATH train that runs from Hoboken terminal right to 14th street. It always seemed like it would be more trouble, and probably more expensive, since I have no idea how much the additional PATH ticket costs. Well, I recently learned that not only is the PATH ticket just $2... same as the subway I take down from Penn each day, but today I found out that a monthly ticket to Hoboken is FIFTY DOLLARS CHEAPER A MONTH than the ticket I've been buying to Penn Station.

Did I mention that I'm an idiot??

No comments: