and so it ends...
The Bachelor Weekend, that is. Yes, technically the family doesn't get home until Wednesday, but with work and all, I don't really have much time to "enjoy" myself today and tomorrow. I can't stay up late, and I can't fuck around too much because I have work to do for my classes. I was gonna go "out" in the city after work one day, but for various reasons that's looking more and more impractical.
Still, the weekend was a nice mixture of relaxing and productive. I did my basement-hauling and took down some shelves and stuff down there. (They are supposed to actually start working today. We'll see.) I did lots of TV watching and went to see "Walk The Line" on Saturday, then hung at Barnes and Noble for a while. I played drums for about an hour on Sunday, then fucked around on GarageBand for about 3 hours. I watched the Superbowl (mostly the commercials) and ate pizza and drank a very little and chatted with various people online, including The Wife. Then I watched Grey's Anatomy and went to bed.
Oh, speaking of "bed", I neglected to mention... I slept undisturbed until 7:20 yesterday!! Then I dozed on an off until almost 8:30!! Oh, the luxury of sleeping past sunrise!
Now it's back to the work thing. The team-taught class is out of my hair somewhat until midterm, so now it's just a matter of keeping up with my three classes. That'll get easier as we go along. The modern physics class is about to jump into relativity full-force, so I'm clear there for a while. (Straight physics, I've taught it before, no prep.) The astro class is about to do Renaissance-era stuff... Copernicus - Galileo - Kepler - Newton, which is a pretty easy couple of weeks for me. And the music class... god, I don't know. We're doing standing waves on a string and the harmonic series today, then Fourier analysis on Wednesday. I'm worried that class is going to fall apart soon, though... my "new" classes often do. I'd like to at least make it to freakin' midterm.
So, I guess this shouldn't be a BAD week. I need to work up some assignments for the second half of the week, I guess... and prepare a guest lecture for one of my department chair's courses. But I'm not feeling quite as hamster-wheelie as I have been.
Fucking hell... I just started iTunes up in my headphones without checking the volume... I think I actually lifted up off the seat a few inches. I hope nobody on the train was watching that.
Anyway, on that (very loud) note... I need to do some other stuff. One of these days I'll blog about something OTHER THAN how much all my classes suck... really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment