Monday, February 6

nuggets...

I stayed in the city for a few hours after work, just because I could. I did some paperwork and went to the Guitar Center and bought a cymbal. Not too exciting. Tomorrow after work I get to go to a committee meeting. Yippee!

It would appear that the contractor has indeed started work in the basement while I was at work today. So I get to go home and see how much progress they made, and whether or not all the walls are in the right places. I love surprises!

I had a weird low-grade celebrity sighting today. I left my office to walk to class this morning and standing by the stoop of the next building over was the actress who played Paul Buchman's mother on "Mad About You". Somehow I think that seeing almost-celebrities is weirder than seeing "real" celebrities.

I TiVo'd "The Shining" yesterday, and I might watch it tonight. Would you believe that, as big of a Kubrick fan as I am, I've never seen it? I mean, I've seen pieces of it, but I've never sat through the whole film. My wife's helpful comment... "Spoiler! Jack Nicholson is CRAZY!"

I was hungry this afternoon, so I bought some apples and some grapes to eat in the office. Good, right? Then when I left the office I stuffed an apple in my bag so I'd have something to eat on the train, but it just occurred to me that really... apples are NOT very good things to eat on a train. They are kinda sticky and drippy, and when you're done you're stuck with the inedible leftover bits of the apple to dispose of in some way.

One of my students asked in class today... "It's ok if we're a little confused now, right?" My response was "maybe".

I just actually literally dozed off in the middle of typing a minute ago, and this is what I wrote... "44444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444
444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444
444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444"

No comments: