i brought an extra pair of socks...
So, they had been calling for snow, but never more than 12". We woke up yesterday to find maybe 4" on the ground, and it snowed on and off all day... but it never amounted to more than 6" or so. I shoveled the driveway in about 15 minutes.
It was a pretty busy day... we did some house cleaning and we went to Target in the afternoon once all the roads were clear. I must have avoided contact with the news all day, and it never occurred to me to check and see how much snow the surrounding area got until maybe 10:00 last night. Being north and west of the city, you always just assume that everyone else got less than you, but being a "nor'easter", this storm was supposed to hit Long Island and the city the hardest. So... how much snow in the city?
TWENTY SEVEN FUCKING INCHES!!!
Totally not cool. And of course, school is open normal hours today. (What does it take to close New York City Schools? Has it ever happened?) Luckily, I only have to walk 2 blocks and cross one street on my new commuting route, but still... I expect to have to trudge through some snow banks to do so. Hence the title. But my train was on-time (although I overslept a bit this morning and had to run for it) and the roads up here are clear, so... I have nothing to complain about... yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment